Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012


I’ve had a pretty amazing life, I have a loving family,  and wonderful friends. I have had so many opportunities in my life, which I have been clever enough to pursue, and my family has been kind enough to support.

This year has been an outstanding year, and so far the best of my life.

2012 was the year to be me.

Here’s what happened.

I graduated!

I have a degree in Chemistry! It took me 5 1/2 years to graduate from college. It really shouldn’t have taken that long, but I hit a few extra obstacles on my journey to getting a degree. I have a dairy allergy, which made me very sick, it took me about a year and a half of being completely miserable to finally figure out what was making me so sick. When I finally cut milk out of my life, my GPA was irreparably damaged, and I frankly just hated being in college. It felt so good to finally be done. Getting a degree opened my life to so many new opportunities, although I had a tough time, the little slip of paper sums up all my hard work is definitely worth it.

I moved to Japan!
I have always been adventurous, and absolutely love to travel. I’ve always wanted to spend a year in a foreign country, so this year has been a dream come true. Japan has changed my perspective on life, and added meaning. If I could live, eat, and write in different countries for a living, it would be a dream come true.

Lost 50 lbs!
It feels to pick out an outfit, look at myself in the mirror, and feel good about myself. I feel great, and am really proud of how much weight I have lost. Japanese food has made this journey much easier, but it has taken a lot of hard work.

Got Married!
The day I got married was the happiest day of my life. Ben and I met when we were in high school, I was 15, and he was 14. We dated 7 years before getting married. Ben is my best friend, and the best part of my life.  I am so happy when I am with him, and together we never have a dull moment.


My life is incredible, and 2012 was amazing.  I am excited for 2013, my life is headed in excited directions, and I’m excited to continue my adventure.

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave requests, opinions, and comments!